Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Promenade Attire, Part Six

Okay, I swear this is the last post about prom related matters, but I just wanted to give a dress update. I did receive the previous dress in the mail, but it was too large and the alterations would have been complex and expensive. Plus, even if I did get it altered, the skirt would be kind of poufy, and the chest area would be far too big (sigh!). And finally, in terms of practicality, while I love white dresses with all my heart, the only occasion that I could ever think of that calls for a prom-style dress is a fancy wedding. If I am lucky enough to attend one, I am fairly sure that a white dress would not be appropriate.

So, here's the new one!


I know the photo may not have the same "wow" factor as the other picture, but it just came in the mail today and I love it! I do have a slight tingling of discomfort as the colour is a tad bit brighter than this picture and I am usually seen in varying shades of beige, black, and perhaps white, but I do like the colour with my skintone. Also, the dress was just about the same price...unfortunately it's sold out at Bluefly, where I got it for about $230 or so.

No comments: