Saturday, October 18, 2008

Promenade Attire

So, as you may know, this year is my senior year in high school. Which, to a fashion-loving gal, means one thing: prom.

I've been browsing quite a few sites lately, in search of the perfect prom frock. I'm trying not to go overboard on the cost, while still looking for a dress that isn't typical. Because of my height (a meager 5"2'), I'm going to aim for a cocktail dress, especially because it'll be much easier to wear later on in life.

My first stop was Saks Fifth Avenue, where I sadly was only able to find one dress that truly captivated me. Sure, there were many pretty ones, but I wasn't truly taken by many of them. I'm sure if I look again in a few weeks I'll have a change of heart, but for now, here is prom pick number 1.


Personally, I'm all about the neutral colours, so this white and black combination is great. The bodice works well with a strapless bra, and would probably flatter a small figure. I'm a little worried about two things: first, since the dress is split up into two colours, it might make me look shorter than I am, and second, the skirt might be a little overwhelmingly poufy. However, this dress is still staying on my list, especially since it reminds of my favourite Project Runway contestant ever: Leanne Marshall!

No comments: