Friday, December 5, 2008

Bobbi: Beauteous, not Boring

Being a devoted lover and general adorer of Bobbi Brown's simple and classic makeup, I was behooved to discover that her website was having a special 20% off event. This really redefined the word "rare," as Bobbi Brown essentially never holds sales. Actually, now that I think about it, Bobbi Brown, MAC, and NARS rarely (if ever) have sales...they also happen to be my three favourite makeup brands. In any case, though I was attempting to be bargainous in the midst of all the sales going on, I just couldn't help myself with the 20% discount and free shipping. So I ordered a Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer Ink. Thankfully I had the chance to swatch this on my skin earlier, so I wasn't just ordering blindly. Graphite Shimmer Ink is a beautiful shimmery grey colour that isn't black, but is dark enough to add definition even on tanner skin. You can smudge it for a smokey eye, use it as a base, or use it as a precise liner. I highly recommend it!


While ordering, I also was able to snag two free samples from Bobbi Brown. I was ordering relatively quickly, so I picked two samples from the ones available. I picked this little container of soothing face tonic


and this one-time use Extra SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm.


Upon second glance, I should have picked the Oil Control Lotion SPF 15


because it isn't labeled as one-time use and, like the Soothing Toner, comes in an adorable little glass container that can be re-used for travel or for storing small amounts of lotion/toner. The container of face tonic is just like in the picture; the bottle's height is about as tall as my pinkie.

If you're ordering something now, Bobbi Brown's thrown in a new option for a sample, which I personally adore. It's a miniature shimmer wash eyeshadow, which appears to be in a neutral champagne/copper colour called "Copper Penny." I adore all colours of this variety, so I really wish this was around when I ordered my gel liner.

No comments: