Friday, June 19, 2009

Sheer, Tight, and Black

I've always had a fascination with the contrast between opaque black fabric and sheer black fabric. It sounds trashy, but I think it's a totally chic way to pull together a party-friendly, yet slightly edgy look.

Way back when, I fell in love with this version by Alexander Wang...


...and then debated whether or not to DIY it with an American Apparel dress...


blue is shown because black was far too risque for this blog

...and then realized that Topshop had already come up with that idea...


...and then realized that $90 for a sheer black dress wasn't exactly a steal anyway...then came to the realization that sheer stripes were not particularly practical and desired more of a dress-with-sheer-top style, like this one on StyleStalker...


...and then realized that American Apparel already had me covered...


...and then realized that none of these were really within my thrifty budget anyway. Sigh.

But in the land of dreaming about sheer/opaque black dresses...

Leighton Meester in Emilio de la Morena

I love this girl. Blake, lovely as she is, doesn't have anything on her.

No comments: