Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cheaply Chic

So like I've mentioned before, I really try to stay away from Forever 21's stores, but sometimes that proves difficult when they offer particularly tempting goods.

Two examples:

This tunic/t-shirt dress is most likely totally flimsy, but if I wear a nude slip underneath and maybe belt it, I think it would make a nice relaxed summer look. Plus...$5.99? Come on now.


This item is actually in stores, and I have been so tempted to buy it on numerous occasions. It's a stylish windbreaker, which almost feels like it should be an oxymoron. I've seen it in person and it's made of swishy water-resistant fabric, which means it would function wonderfully as a raincoat, and where I'm going for college that would be a great addition to my wardrobe. Alas, it's 3/4 sleeved. If it's cold and rainy I'm probably going to want coverage on my wrists, and unfortunately this doesn't give it. I know it's kind of a picky detail, but if I'm going to spend $29 on a Forever 21 windbreaker, it had better have everything I need. Sigh...

No comments: