Friday, May 22, 2009

Off The Wall

When I was younger, I went through a phase where I expressed myself by decorating my room. I covered it in black-and-white pictures of different destinations around the world that I wanted to visit because we lived (actually, still live) in an apartment and I couldn't paint the wall.

Now, I've been trying to think of more sophisticated ways to decorate my room lately, and haven't really come up with anything. Except for one day, when I took down some pictures while I was cleaning my room and temporarily hung some clothes on the nails left. It ended up looking quite cute. So now, I have two nails on my wall, where I interchange dresses, skirts, purses, and tops to fit my mood. It's quick and easy, and it's always nice to look at my wall and get a glimpse of something pretty.

Here's what's on my wall right now:


a thrifted purse ($4.00) which I love and adore...I don't know if you can tell in this picture but the purse is pleated black satin.

a lace dress...this is from Forever 21, back when I used to shop there all the time. I've recently made an effort to stop shopping there, and it's been much easier than I thought. Now, I find so many pieces at places like H&M, or even at my nearby thrift store, that are both cheaper and more resilient. That said, this is one of my favourite Forever 21 purchases...I love necklines like that, with a lace top and a tank underneath.

No comments: