Monday, May 11, 2009

One Happy Family

So I've got a bunch of little products lying around, and I figured I'd just review this whole little product family at once, going left to right.


1. Okay, so this isn't actually a product review...I just got this set of Bobbi Brown empties for $10.00 and they're so useful!


In the picture, I put the smallest one...I just wanted to give it a little mention because it is absolutely the cutest little concealer container ever! I have this old thick foundation from L'Oreal, which was too dark for me, but I mixed it with some lighter foundation and got this beautiful colour which made for a perfect concealer. Now, I keep the mixed colour in this little container and it looks like a bona fide Bobbi Brown concealer. I'd highly recommend these empties...they're great for lotion, foundation, concealer, pigments...pretty much anything. Plus they're only $10!

2. This is a little sample container of Lancôme's 'Rénergie' Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Cream. It came in a Gift With Purchase, and I'm actually quite liking it. The texture is a smooth hybrid of lotion and gel, and the lotion is definitely moisturizing. I usually wear sunscreen as a moisturizer under my foundation, but if I'm going out at night and don't want to bother with sunscreen, this is a great alternative because it provides for a nice base. I may just be gushing about this lotion because I never ever shell out big bucks on lotion, unless it's Shiseido sunscreen. My little container is .5 oz, which has actually lasted me quite a while. However, I don't like it so much that I'm going to shell out $80 for 1.7 oz. or $95 for 2.5 oz.

3. This is another GWP...it's a little bottle of Bobbi Brown's Soothing Face Tonic I got when I purchased an eyeliner from Bobbi Brown online. I feel exactly the same about this as I do with the Lancome lotion. It's nice, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I don't really use toner, and this is more of a soothing version of a toner. I've tried it a couple of times, and I feel my skin tightening a little bit (like right after you wash your face with strong cleanser), but that's about it. Unlike the Lancome lotion, I didn't have much use for this, but it's nice to use occasionally.

4. This is not a GWP...it's actually a tube of Maybelline's Moisture Extreme Lipcolor in Chestnut. I got this at Jewel recently, where all of the Maybelline lipsticks were 50% off. It's a pretty nude colour, but it's a little on the brown side so I would not recommend this for fairer girls. I usually don't wear much in the way of makeup, but if I dab a little bit of UDPP on my lips, spread it on, and then put on some of this lipstick, it's a nice natural look that wears for a pretty long time. I don't think I'll repurchase this lipstick, because I usually like to experiment with new colours (and I probably won't finish this tube), but it's a nice handy little thing to have around. Here's a swatch on my hand (Urban Decay Primer Potion is the stuff on top)...


...and a lip swatch.


5. Urban Decay Primer Potion is totally worth all the hype. I have the oiliest lids in the world and this totally prevents creasing. I love it! For everyday, I usually don't wear eyeshadow...instead, I wear a semi-thick, smudged line of eyeliner. I'm going to be starting an internship soon, so I might start experimenting with a light wash of colour and a thinner (still smudged) line of eyeliner, so this will be really helpful for that. Even besides eyeshadow, this makes a nice lip primer and undereye concealer primer, but more for wearing ability than smoothing ability.

6. I got this Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion when I purchased my UDPP, and it's a nice thing to have around that I am slightly considering repurchasing. The lotion feels nice, and has been great for the warmer days to prevent my legs from reverting back to their dry wintry state. It's not particularly revolutionary, though it has some really good moisturizing properties without being too oily. Plus, the smell is really nice. I'm thinking about repurchasing, but there are a lot of other cheaper lotions that smell just as nice. I'm definitely keeping the bottle though, it's really cute!

No comments: