Friday, September 5, 2008

Uniquely Magnifique

Remember when I mentioned that I had received a free gift from Lancome and that I would swatch it and do some looks soon? Yeah...it's been sort of muggy lately, so the light hasn't exactly been ideal for picture-taking. I am, however, able to share with you guys my review of Lancome's newest perfume, Magnifique.



Magnifique, Eau de Parfum

Audacious. Passionate. Utterly Magnifique.

The fragrance that celebrates her vibrant femininity, her joie de vivre. Infused with the spicy impertinence of saffron, the warmth of roses, and the smoky embrace of exotic nagarmota wood.

I love Anne Hathaway, and I love Lancome. I do not love this perfume's commercial, as it is decidedly un-captivating, but I will say that I am not completely turned off by this perfume. For me personally, someone who is usually loves light, feminine, fruity or floral scents, it isn't something I'd go and get for myself.

Or maybe I'd get a teensy tiny container, if there is one. Magnifique definitely lives up to its name and campaign, which creates the appearance of a very spicy, strong perfume. I first spritzed it on myself and exclaimed "Whoa!" because it had such a grabbing scent. I wasn't so sure about the roses part, but I definitely smelled the exotic wood/saffron combination. One thing I did adore about this perfume was its staying power; my friends would comment on the perfume a few hours after I had put it on and wandered around in the breezy summer weather. So, if you're looking for something to add an extra kick to your usual scent wardrobe, I would give this a try...but not before sampling!

No comments: