Monday, June 30, 2008

Jewels on Sale

Something that I try to do when I'm keeping my budget steady (usually at the end of a month) is only spending a limited amount on accessories. During a time when I'm trying to be really tight with money (and I don't have the self-control to save up for things I really want) I'll look through everything in my wardrobe and try to rework it, and then think up of things that could make outfits different. One of the ways I like to satisfy my hunger for retail therapy without breaking the bank is a nice piece of jewelry. It's best not to be too matchy-matchy with jewelry, which makes it all the better because I can use my new...say, blue necklace with my green top, my pink skirt, my yellow scarf, and everything in between. Remember those Etsy earrings I posted about? I expected to be using the silver ones almost 24/7, because they matched my silver heart necklace that I wear every day, but instead the silver ones have hardly been used and I find myself reaching for the pink and red ones all the time. So anyway, in honor of my love of jewelry, here are a few discount jewelry finds for you to spice up your own wardrobe.

If you're into the chain trend, Bluefly has a couple of pieces that will help bring the look into your wardrobe. My personal favourite out of these pieces is the black chain bracelet, just because it's practical and wearable but it still adds a little bit of edge to ordinarily girly outfits.

First, there's a simple gold chain necklace that's fairly chunky but can be worn with a cardigan or a simple tank top for maximum impact. It's from A. V. Max and on sale for $36.00.


As I mentioned before, there's a black chain bracelet (which was really in a little while back -- I want to say Nicole Richie wore something like it but I really don't remember). I also put up the white chain version, though for some reason the black one is more "edgy" to me and the white one is borderline tacky. But don't let that deter you -- I'm a firm believer in "to each his own."



Remember the whole trend of kitschy watch necklaces? It was all started by the Marc Jacobs fruit watch pendants, which are on sale at Net-A-Porter for $90. So if you don't really care much about trends coming in and out, and you need a new watch, this isn't a bad choice. Yeah, $90 is a bit high for a watch, but it is Marc Jacobs and it is fun and funky without being over-the-top.


No comments: