Friday, June 27, 2008

Where's Forever 21?

So some of you may have been wondering...if this is a blog for clothing styles, where are the Forever 21 pieces? A lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Forever 21, while others just plain love it or hate it. Personally, I'm on the fence, and I just wanted to let you guys know why I will be featuring little to no Forever 21 clothes on this blog.

I'm not going to go into some sort of rant about how we need to be ethical and save the world. Some of you out there have the luxury of shopping at higher-end retailers and being more picky about who you buy your clothes from, but I do recognize that there are many out there who simply cannot afford to buy "100% Fair Trade" clothing and have to look to places like Forever 21 to have wardrobes that consist of more than plain jeans and T-shirts. What I want to do with this blog for you guys is to show you how you can continue to keep style in your wardrobe while not spending tons of money. Everyone and their uncle has heard of Forever 21, and everyone is aware of the great deals and cute pieces they stock. But I want to show you guys some unexpected bargains that may not quite be as cheap as Forever 21, but will probably be quite close. I myself have transitioned from buying clothes just from places like Forever 21 to perusing the sale section at Net-A-Porter, a store that I thought I would never even dream of buying something from. Hopefully, I can help you do the same thing by scouting out some unexpected sales for all of you reading this blog.

P.S. Sorry about not posting yesterday! I had a test worth 25% of my grade and I had to study basically the entire day, so I wasn't able to post anything. But I'll definitely make up for that today, so come back later for more Recessionably Chic :)

1 comment:

rachelray said...

I just wanted to let you know that there are other clothing options out there. I work for a fair trade clothing company called Fair Indigo. Our retail store is located in Madison, Wisconsin. We offer women's, men's, and baby apparel that is all fair trade and some organic as well. You can go to our website: www.fairindigo.com and check us out! Please let me know if you have any questions or would like a free sample of our products.

Rachel
Fair Indigo