Monday, November 17, 2008

Leanimal Waves, On The Cheap

As you already know, I am a huge fan of Leanne Marshall's work on Project Runway, and I am eagerly counting down the days until her collection drops. Until then, I've noticed that her ideas are either very on trend or very inspiring, as many retailers have been embracing the structured, slightly waves-centric trend in their own clothes. These pieces are often the most expensive, as they are the most trendy, but I was able to find a shirt at Target for $8.99 in the clearance section that echoes the pleats and structure of a Leanne Marshall top without infringing too far into your bank account.



I actually just bought the grey one, along with a whole slew of other clearance items so I could get the "Free Shipping over $50" deal. You'd be surprised how fast cheap clearance items can add up to $50!

Another item I got was this simple grey T-shirt, which can be worn with a black high-waisted skirt for a very on-trend look. It can also be paired with dark skinnies and boots and some additional accessory (vest, scarf, blazer, statement jewelry, headband) for a clean-cut, casual look. Plus, it's a miniscule $3.99.

No comments: