Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Lively Return

Many people have noticed Blake Lively's "I'm too hot to care" attitude towards sartorial matters. I have, and while I don't blame her for trying to carry off the "effortless" look, I think that it would benefit her as well as those who admire her if she tried to be a tad bit more fashion forward with her ensembles. I am in no way degrading her current look, and I think she looks gorgeous as is. However, if I were Blake's stylist...

First, I'd ease slowly into the prospects of fashion forward design. Blake usually goes with no-mess styles, so I wouldn't try to pull anything crazy. She seems to enjoy the neutral palette, just like myself, so I'd start her off with an outfit that echoes that set of hues.

First, this simple tiered/pleated skirt from Bamford is reminiscent of the bandage-style outfits that have become so popular lately. This is something that Blake would probably wear right now, with a plain top and some heels.


I'd pair it with this Celine top, whose structural details are right on trend. The top itself would be very flattering, as well as moving Blake in a fashion-forward direction.


I'd then go with a killer pair of heels, like these Emanuel Ungaro whoppers. They're not in a crazy colour, but the strappy detail would draw attention to Blake's gorgeous set of gams. It's great because she's one of the few people who could pull off such a crazy and high-strapped set of shoes.


Finally, I'd top it off with a jewel coloured clutch. The petal detail is slightly reminiscent of the flowy wave details on the grey top. Plus, the purple tone adds a punch of colour without becoming the focus on the outfit.


What do you guys think? Too dull? Not Blake's type?

No comments: