Monday, August 11, 2008

A Creamy Benefit

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for any sort of creamy makeup product. Cream blush, cream foundation, creamy lipcolour...and most of all, cream eyeshadow. Maybe it's because my everyday makeup usually consists of eyeliner-focused looks rather than eyeshadow-based looks, but for some reason I've always loved the idea of cream eyeshadow. Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow definitely lives up to its name -- I can use this as a liner or a shadow, and it doesn't crease either way. It makes a pretty good base, although I like using this product more when I'm on the run and I don't have time to put on much. In Benefit's Buh-Byes section, which features discontinued products that are on sale, I spotted two shades of these shadows that everyone should own; towne car, a simple black cream shadow that isn't so harsh it can't be used on an everyday basis, and carte blanche, a shimmery gold that makes a nice brow highlighter, inner-eye highlighter, or a simple wash of light colour. They're each $13.50, reduced from $18.00, which may not be the biggest of discounts to many. However, Benefit rarely discounts items that are as popular as the creaseless cream shadows, so I would definitely snap both of these up. If you're looking for just one to add to your collection, I would pick towne car, just because it's so versatile. I've used mine for both smoky eyes, subtle day eyes, and just as a plain liner, and it never budges. However, if you've got a similar product, then go for carte blanche. With all the gold rage in the makeup world recently, it's definitely a good bet as well.

Town Car


Carte Blanche

No comments: