Friday, August 15, 2008

On The Mac Track

MAC is somewhat of a cult brand, with many dedicated followers (me included) enraptured by its glorious pigmentation, diverse offerings, and creative launches. But it's not just the consumer population that suffers from MAC madness. The high fashion world of catwalks and models has gone mad for MAC as well, showcased in a featured on the MAC website.

The feature on catwalk looks created using MAC products highlights different trends seen on the catwalks, filed into five categories: Artsy, De-Vine, Glamodrama, Honed, and Seventease. Within each category, the looks from five catwalks are broken down using MAC products.

Here are my favourites (all pictures are courtesy of www.maccosmetics.com):

Dark Dimension (from Artsy)


This look, from Monique Lhullier, is a great evening smoky look that still has a pop of colour. This isn't as much my style, because visible glitter (as opposed to a pearlized sheen) is really not something I like to wear that often. But the combo of purple and blue in an evening-worthy smoky eye is typically MAC.

Flora & Fauna (from Artsy)


This look, from Catherine Malandrino's runway, is a great example of how mattes can be used to make looks that are far from boring. I love the dark green shadow, used as a liner.

Brow Beat (from Honed)


Though I may love a really defined, strong, brow...it would take a very steady hand and some natural ability to be able to draw a brow that defined and that natural. Thankfully I haven't had to worry about brow problems because mine are so thick...which unfortunately means regular tweezing.

Bare and Breezy (from Honed)


This may seem like a really simple look, but a lot of the runway looks featured were of the nude/natural variety, so I figured I should feature one. Plus, this one utilized my go-to lipcolour, the Slimshine in Funshine. How's that for a lip swatch?

Gold Mined (from Seventease)


I'm in love with pretty much every gold eyeshadow under the sun, and this look is no exception. It's smoky and gold, so it's twice as good! Luca Luca definitely made a good choice with this look, and I'm going to try my best to re-create it...except with a more antiqued gold and with a more blended line between the two.

Sex Tease (from Seventease)


This is such a hot lip look...and it's totally me! It uses a tinted lip conditioner, and I love balms, and it's the perfect strawberry-red colour. I'm not sure whether I would wear this out, because when you're not on the catwalk it looks more like you were just sloppy with your lipcolour, but I'm definitely going to look into that tinted lip conditioner.

Dark Drama (from Glamodrama)


Speaking of hot lip looks...this one's on the other end of the spectrum, it's very dark and vampy. With MAC's upcoming Cult of Cherry look, we might be seeing a lot more dark lips this fall. I think that this dark burgundy shade looks great, and I love that red glitter was used to add even more shine to the model's already glossy pout.

Glamour is Black (from Glamodrama)


Wow. The words "black lip" sound atrocious...but this is oh so very hot. Maybe in a full-body shot it would look weird, but this close-up is incredible.

No comments: