Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dillards Deals

A pleasant surprised arrived in my email today, from Dillards -- they're offering an additional 40% off all items already on sale. Unfortunately for me, no physical Dillards store exists in the vicinity of Chicago, but I still love looking through their offers. Though they may have a grander selection, sometimes, than my neighborhood retailers like Nordstrom and Macy's, the shipping costs often do not make purchases worth it. However, during sales like this, I often try to find formalwear at a discount. It requires a lot of wading through unattractive clothing, but this time it has most definitely been worth it. I often find gems like this tank top, which retails for only $20.40 but looks like it could have been found at a high-end boutique...or at the very least Anthropologie. I could see this worn with black skinny jeans or a black high-waisted skirt for a girls' night out, or under a cardigan and with shorts for a summertime barbecue. And for those of you in the professional world, feel free to stick a cute tank like this underneath a dark grey or black suit...though I'd pick one with smaller flower detail.


This khaki skirt also could be part of a chic urban boutique's repertoire, with its pleated details and banded bottom. I styled it, bargainista style, with a top and flats from Urban Outfitters. The total? Just around $30.





No comments: