Saturday, August 23, 2008

Feather Fascination

While watching this past week's episode of Project Runway, I noticed a fashionable hair accessory on one of the more fascinating designers, Kenley. Some may love her and some may hate her, but I often find myself on the fence. Her own fashion often fascinates me, and I often try to take accessory tips from her, but the clothes she makes are not always within my taste. She is a great designer though, even with her personal notes (such as the ever-famous Kenley laugh) which may or may not have been a figment of Bravo's editing team.

The accessory that caught my eye was Kenley's feather fascinator. Fascinators, I should say. She wore one in the opening sequence, where Heidi brought out the bedazzled drag queens...


...and another one in the final portion, where the judges critique the designs.


Though feather hair accessories have been bouncing around for a little bit, I never found myself drawn to them until now. I'm trying to expand my accessories range, currently, to spice up my neutral wardrobe, and I'm thinking about purchasing a feather hair accessory of my own. What do you guys think?

If I were to purchase one, it would most likely be from Urban Outfitters. Here are a couple of selections, each around $18.00.












No comments: