Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Ruffle of Disappointment


If you remember from previously, I adored this top while it was online. And just my luck...I found it at my local Urban, reduced to $9.99! But unfortunately I wasn't able to buy it, because it was really not flattering at all. If you're looking to order this top online, I would definitely try it on at a local Urban Outfitters before buying, because on some people the ruffles can be a little much. When I tried the top on, I had the straps shorter than the model, so that may have had something to do with it, but on me, the ruffles were a tad bit...much. The top looks soft and delicate in the promotional shot, but on me I felt like the vibe I was giving off wasn't soft and boho, it was froufrou and poufball. As far as petite people go, my chest is a pretty good size (sigh...awkward), so that may have been part of the reason why the top two ruffles just seemed to stick out way too far.

Is it bad that in theory I still kind of want it? It's only $10.00...

No comments: