Thursday, August 21, 2008

Runway Rants: Erdem

Erdem caught my eye with this lovely purple pleated strapless dress. It's very on-trend, and reminds me of something Jillian Lewis would have created on the last season of Project Runway.


I love the subtlety of this dress, and the fact that it remains chic without showing too much skin. I could see this working on someone like Reese Witherspoon, but only at the appropriate occasion...a Cannes film premiere, for example.


I'm loving the structured trends in dresses these days, and it is no exception with this dress. The texture of this print has a vaguely Asian tone to it, which I've seen in many dresses lately. I would love to see a more mature actress rock this dress, which doesn't show off much skin but will hug a fit body.


And finally, doesn't this trench look a bit Burberry to you? I remember falling in love with Burberry's lace trench just a few years back, and I do like this version, but I will say that I liked Burberry's version better, because it did not have the minor frills at the bottom.

No comments: