Monday, August 11, 2008

The Marc of a Daisy

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I'm kind of a sucker for fragrances. I know, the fact that a bottle is stamped with a designer name doesn't really mean much in terms of the fragrance, but at least I collect rollerballs and samples, instead of the full fragrance bottle.

One perfume that I had to sample when it came out was Marc Jacobs Daisy. I love fun, light, girly florals, and this was no exception. Just a little spritz on a card was enough to lift me up for a whole day. Unfortunately, the price tag isn't much to squeal about, either. But I want this so badly!!!!


Marc Jacobs Daisy Deluxe Gift Set, $85

The only problem with my great lust for this perfumeria madness is its very non-recession-friendly price tag. Before, just getting the little solid perfume (which comes in its own adorable little zipper pouch!) was enough. Or even getting this version of the perfume, which comes with a refill (thank goodness) and is about half the price, would have been enough to satisfy my Marc madness.


But I'm still plagued by that gift set...it worries the budgeteer in me, because usually I dismiss high prices as something that's not worth it. But I want every single thing in this gift set...and that's pretty rare. First of all, there's the body lotion. When it comes to bath and body products, I really don't invest much in body washes and the like, because it doesn't really linger anyway. Body lotions are something I like to invest in, though, because I like lingering scents, and I like bringing them around with me to refresh my skin. Then, there's the solid perfume, which is a complete novelty and would be great for bringing around. And need I say how much I love the perfume bottle? I find that style so much cuter than the $40 version with a refill. Did I mention the whole thing comes in a cute case that I could use for makeup?

Sigh.

No comments: