Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Urban Decay/Outfitters

I made this amazing discovery recently that I wanted to share with you guys...the beauty section at Urban Outfitters! Well, at least, Urbanoutfitters.com. But still! Who knew that the indie crew that fosters Anthropologie and Free People would have a beauty section? Granted, it's pretty limited, but I found something that you might like.

A recent trend for those that love colour but don't want to go overboard is to use coloured eyeliner. A simple line of navy blue or teal can add instant spice to a look without going crazy. Plus, for those that are used to a line of black eyeliner, using navy blue or dark purple can often help to make your eye colour pop without looking that different from black.

A product I've recently heard a lot is Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencils. I've been wanting to try them out, but I haven't really gotten the chance to. So, imagine my surprise when the perfect opportunity to give these little pencils a spin popped up at Urban Outfitters! This set of 5 Urban Decay eye pencils is only $29, which is about $6 a pencil. Personally, I love anything that's travel-sized, especially if it's in a set like this, because I love to vary my beauty products and I inevitably will never use up a full-length eyeliner pencil. Not that I'm planning on using up a travel-sized one either, it's just that I don't feel as bad buying more beauty products when they're mini.


This set contains 5 colours, Lucky (dark copper), Zero (black), Covet (blue-green, or teal), Electric (light blue), and Lust (indigo-purple). Well, at least, I'm pretty sure those are the colours. What's unfortunate about this set is that 3/5 of it is really loud colours, which is good for those people that want to try something new or that like loud colours, but bad for me (aka the queen of neutral colours). If you're unsure about what the colours will look like, you can test them out at your nearest Sephora, or head over to KarlaSugar, which is the most wondrous blog for those who often harbor beauty lemmings. She's got swatches of most of the pencils, so you can get a sense of what the set offers (and what the other colour choices are).

My personal favourites, after looking at that swatch, are definitely Gunmetal (dark grey/silver), Baked (gold), Rockstar (dark purple), and Stash (dark green/antique gold). My love for Stash hasn't been helped by the fact that I saw it on Temptalia as well. Sigh...

No comments: