Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

I was so thrilled to head over to Nordstrom to check out the anniversary sale and scope out some possible bargains...but this may just be my Nordstrom, in Chicago, but I was actually kind of underwhelmed. I will admit that I didn't have a lot of time, so I didn't really get to go into the clothes, but from what I saw as far as accessories are concerned, there wasn't really much that got me going. I suppose I didn't really go in with a mindset to buy something, but I did just deposit a paycheck and would have splurged had the right bargain come along.

There was one thing that caught my eye, and it usually is this type of thing that does during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It's a punchy, pink, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch that I tried on in-store. It's only $82.90, reduced from $125...and I love it. I've been looking at watches lately, because I've been wanting to up the ante as far as staple pieces are concerned (like wallets, watches, and other things you use every day) and I figured a really cute designer watch would be a great way to do it. Unfortunately I didn't make the jump today, but I wasn't really in a spending mood. Maybe next time?


Also, just a side note: I've never really been into fancy brand-name brushes, because I think they're a waste of money, but I tried out the MAC 131 brush, and all I have to say is...love. It's super-soft and light and perfectly shaped and I can just feel that it would be amazing to apply foundation. The lady in-store said the brush was $32, but she might have forgotten because on the site it's listed as $40. Ah well...

No comments: