Monday, July 20, 2009

Illuminating The Sky

This may be belated, but I wanted to share some things from my July 3rd and 4th festivities. On July 3, Chicago holds a large fireworks show, followed by a slightly smaller one on the 4th. It turns out that the 4th fireworks show was a good deal lovelier than the July 3rd one, as they both seemed to contain the same amount of fireworks, but the July 4th show had them really spread out, whereas the July 3rd show had them all squished together in an "eternal finale."

Unfortunately my camera skills are limited, resulting in a couple of totally trippy pictures of the July 3rd fireworks.


On July 4th, I didn't even bother trying to take pictures of the fireworks...but the skyline looked so beautiful as the sun was setting I couldn't resist.


And here's what I wore: shorts are from Forever 21, sweater is thrifted, and the top was from a trip to Asia.


Here's what it looks like without the sweater. I don't know if you can see this in the picture, but there are a lot of pleats on the top, which I absolutely love. When I go back to Asia in August I'll be sure to pick up a lot of tops like this...it's not as though clothing is extravagantly cheaper, it's just that you tend to get fancier articles of clothing with your money.

No comments: