Saturday, July 4, 2009

A New York Lack Of Colour

While browsing through Ulta, I was able to find a lovely nude shade of lipstick called Mousse for $1.99 that looked, in the tube, a lot to me like MAC's Brave New Bronze, a limited edition colour that's just come out with the recent Style Warriors collection. I love the idea of a peachy nude colour, but I was not a huge fan of the price tag or the slightly tacky animal print packaging of Brave New Bronze. (note: the lipstick colour in this picture is not the actual lipstick shade I have).


Though the formula is not particularly moisturizing, I usually just put on lip balm and dab some of this on and swish my lips around a bit. It mutes my natural lip colour for everyday and can also double as a pretty nude colour (with some clear gloss) for a night-time smokey eye.


I took this picture after doing some swatching at Macy's for comparison; on the top is Mousse, the thick strip and the thin strip below that is MAC's Brave New Bronze, the lipstick below that is Benefit's Lady's Choice, and even below that (though it was not intended to be in the picture) is Benefit's Skinny Dip. I know it's a pretty bad swatch picture, but I think it gives a good idea of what the lipstick looks like in comparison to some high-priced nude favourites.

No comments: