Thursday, July 16, 2009

Net-A-Bargain

I was so excited to hear that Net-A-Porter was getting into a business that is basically a higher-end Nordstrom Rack or Loehmann's. Outlets and discounted retail stores are always my first look when I want something with quality or from a brand name.

Though theoutnet.com does offer discounted items, they are still well out of the reach of many due to their "in your dreams" status. But here are a couple of fun picks:

ChloƩ pleat panel dress, $573


The colour of this is absolutely incredible, and I love the delicate pleating.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Mayfair Squares Dress, $188


I must have been in a sweet-girlie mood while selecting these clothes, because this is the type of dress I'd imagine someone wearing while parading around some shops on a sunny day, with a cute pair of sunglasses and some summer sandals.

3.1 Phillip Lim, Wool-blend cutout dress, $262


This isn't the most groundbreaking Phillip Lim dress, but it's quite a pretty one. I think the cutouts are kind of a cool detail, and I think the icy beige shade is a nice take on neutral.

Anna Sui Swirl-embroidered camisole top, $114.40


Obviously the colours (or lack thereof) are right up my alley, but what I really like about this tank is its light material, beautiful design, and ability to be worn during both casual summery occasions and more evening or covered-up ones.

ChloƩ Saskia small tote, $760


It may not be as trendy as the Paddington, but I love it all the same. In fact, it's probably a better investment purchase because it won't go out of style in the next week after it's bought.

Christian Louboutin Papilipi satin pumps, $338


Okay, so $338 may not be quite a steal for a pair of pretty heels, but...these are gorgeous. The colour is amazing, the sheer detailing is amazing, the height is high but not too high, and of course the signature red sole is a standout. And the only size left is my size, a 6.5...maybe it's a sign?

Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallic Mouse flats, $227.50


You either love 'em or you hate 'em...and I happen to be in love with them. Yup, they're the ubiquitous mouse flats and they're on sale! Again, the price isn't exactly a bargain for a nice pair of flats, but if I were to splash out these would definitely be a consideration.

No comments: