Sunday, July 20, 2008

Are You Watching?

Sorry that I haven't been posting lately, I've been incredibly busy. We had to attend an Indian wedding (which was so much fun!), and I've had some work to do around the house, which doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging, sadly.

So, if you're a hardcore shopper like myself, then you've undoubtedly heard about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was completely wowed! There are SO many things to buy, I don't know if my card can take it! So, in case you were wondering...you should definitely be expecting a lot of Nordstrom Anniversary Sale blog posts in these next few days.

I wanted to start off the celebration with an item that isn't really associated with the Nordstrom Sale. It's not that there are specific items that are related to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but there are specific beauty launches and things that people look for specifically. So, to change things up a bit, I decided to base this first post on an item that is a great staple in every person's wardrobe: a watch. Oftentimes, I base my own wardrobe on classic pieces, and I really try to keep my budget low. But when I want to have a few "designer" pieces, I have to think of items that I'll really love and wear a lot...or else, to me, it really isn't worth it. What most people think of are bags and shoes, since those can go with many different outfits. The only thing that bugs me about getting a designer pair of shoes or a new bag is that I'm always conflicted. On one hand, you want to get a really classic pair of shoes or a classic bag that'll last and last. On the other hand, you want to get a really standout pair of shoes or a standout bag that will really show off its designer quality. I know I always have that conflict when I'm trying to sprinkle a little bit of designer quality into my wardrobe. I've found that a great way to treat yourself to a little bit of branding is getting a really classic watch. Which, surprisingly, I've found a fair bit of at the Nordstrom sale. There are a lot more to choose from, but these four are my favourites out of the entire selection.

This first watch, from Michael Kors is just a really classic, simple, silver watch. If you want something that will last, this is definitely up your alley. It's the cheapest of the four watches, at $106.90, and you really don't have to worry about it coordinating with almost any outfit.


This next watch from Emporio Armani is like the leather equivalent to the silver watch above. This watch reminds me of Levenger catalogs, antique globes, and other scholarly, classy office accessories. Something about the Armani name and the luxe brown leather strap makes this watch really classic, and gives off a very "serious" vibe. Like the Michael Kors watch, this is also a great piece that will go with almost any outfit. It's on sale for $129.90.


I'm sure many of you will dislike this watch immensely but for some reason...I kind of like it! My wrists are sort of small and skinny, so having a more delicate watch like this one is really nice and flattering. Even for people that don't have really small wrists, the great thing about this watch is that it can even be worn with evening dresses, because of its delicate nature. Yes, there's a really obvious logo on it. But personally, I think that the styling of the watch and the logo almost makes it seem a little bit vintage, which you all know I love. It's on sale for $129.90.


This final watch, which is the most expensive out of the four at $133.90, is from a brand we all know and love. It may not be one of the super-retro watches that Marc by Marc Jacobs usually stocks, but it's still got some interesting detailing and that lovely little logo on the watch face. If you've been hankering to get yourself a little piece of Marc, this is a perfect way to do it.

No comments: