Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Belated 4th of July!

I don't know about you guys, but I've been pretty busy amidst the various Independence Day events. In Chicago, there are two fireworks shows, and I actually attended both with my family. The first one, on the 3rd, was absolutely insane! The fireworks were beautiful, but there were so many people there...the police even closed down Michigan Avenue so that pedestrians could walk on it! Today's fireworks show was a little bit calmer, but still just as enjoyable.

Anyway, in the spirit of our country's birthday I've found a few ways to bring the red, white, and blue spirit into your home, and they're all on sale at Kate Spade!

This first bag is pretty cute. Personally, the idea of a dual coloured bag is a little strange to me, but if you like nautical themes, patriotic themes, or just the combination of red and white, I'd go for this cute little bag. It's a nice size for toting around everything without being weighed down by the requisite ginormous bag. Plus, it's on sale for $146.00.


I am a huge fan of this day clutch, even though I'm a little wary of buying a day clutch just because it's not useful for nighttime and the trend might wear off soon. However, this little bow number might just sway me. Again, the red, white, and blue combo isn't something that I would usually turn to but kate spade used to stock a green and pink version of this which was to die for. If red and blue does it for you, this is on sale for only $98.00.


In these past two days, I have seen more people having picnics, barbecues, and other outdoor shindigs then I have ever seen in my life. So, I felt it was necessary to end my little ode to the 4th of July with two practical yet patriotic tote bags that don't go overboard with the Uncle Sam pride. Check out the cute bow detail in the second picture! The two different sizes are both on sale for $159.00 and $139.00, respectively.


No comments: