Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fresh Scallops

No, no...I don't mean the seafood. Though I don't mind a nice seared scallop...mmm. Anyway, while I was perusing the Saks sale in search of pastel frocks for you guys (the post is right before this), I found this lovely white shift dress from Walter, on sale for $178.80. The scalloped detail is so fresh and light, and the white is perfect for summer. What I like about this dress is that it works for summer, but it could also be paired with a nice cardigan for cooler weather, or even black tights and a jacket for winter (very Zooey Deschanel).


If I had to pick a pair of summer sandals to wear this with, I'd probably go matchy matchy and pick a pair of white or cream sandals. Really, almost anything in a neutral colour (though I'm not so hot about the idea of black shoes and a white dress) would work, even a fierce pair of gladiators. Here are some choices from the clearance circuit that would complement this lovely dress perfectly.

For those of you that want a simple, basic summer sandal that you can use again and again I'd try this crossover flip-flop like variety from Steve Madden. It's on sale for $19.99, and it comes in silver, gold, and black. If I was coordinating this pair of shoes with the Walter dress, I'd go for the silver and gold, but if you need a pair of black sandals by all means try those.




For those of you that want something edgier to neutralize the super-girly scallops on the shift, I would try a more unique sandal, like one of these two pairs. I'd still stick with white, but the first pair of flip-flops, on sale for $25.90 from Chinese Laundry, are a great way to add a little tiny bit of punky studs to any ensemble. The second pair of shoes, on sale for $49.99 from Steve Madden, echo the gladiator/Grecian styles that have been popping up so much. The ankle detail is reminiscent of many avant-garde styles of footwear, yet the simple buckle detail and strappy structure keep this sandal wearable with many different outfits.



No comments: